You can find Lee and Miller books at bookstores of all kinds, all around the world. If you have a favorite bookstore, we encourage you to shop there and show them your support. The links below are provided for the convenience of those who may not have a favorite bookstore, or who simply find shopping online to be more convenient than going out into the world. We, the authors, earn the exact same royalty on each book sale, from legitimate sources. We don’t, naturally, receive any royalties from books downloaded from pirate sites, even the ones that charge you money.
All that said, the lists below concern themselves with five vendors, and one catalog: Uncle Hugo’s Science Fiction Bookstore in Minneapolis, which ships worldwide and has supported the Lee-and-Miller writing career even when we didn’t have one; Baen EBooks, the ebook arm of our publisher; Barnes and Noble; Amazon; Audible; and Pinbeam Books.
What you need to know about these vendors is this:
1. Uncle Hugo’s sells paper books only
2. Obviously, Baen EBooks sells ebooks only, but! It sells ebooks that are DRM-free (that means you can read them in the reader of your choice, on multiple devices, and lend them to a friend, if you’d like), and it sells ebooks in every format known to man: epub (Nook); mobi (Kindle); Palm, Stanza, Sony LRF, Rocketbook, RTF, MS Reader, HTML and/or online — and probably some that we’re forgetting.
3. We have an Affiliate account with Barnes and Noble, so we get a little bit more money on top of our royalties for every sale made there. No pressure to buy things from BN if you like someplace else better; we’re just letting you know.
4. We do not have an Affiliate account at Amazon, because we live in Maine and Amazon is mad at Maine right now, for having the unbelievable temerity to insist that Amazon pay sales tax, so Amazon cut off all its Affiliate accounts in the state. Which, yanno, should certainly show somebody.
5. Audible has published audiobooks of all the Liaden Universe® novels to date as well as The Tomorrow Log, and also Carousel Tides, by Sharon Lee.
6. Pinbeam Books is us — Steve Miller and Sharon Lee. It’s a catalog of all our self-published ebooks, with buy links to Barnes and Noble, Amazon, and Smashwords.
Everybody confused now? Great, here we go!
Where to Buy Books by Lee and Miller
First, an easy one. Here’s your link to the Uncle Hugo’s catalog page of all Lee-and-Miller paper books in stock. Did we mention that some of those in-stock books are signed by the authors?
Third easy one. Here’s your link to the Audible Liaden Universe® catalog. And!
Here’s your link to the Audible page for Necessity’s Child, which is a Liaden Universe® novel, despite having no place on the catalog page. And!
Here’s your link to The Tomorrow Log. And!
Here’s your link to Carousel Tides.
Liaden Universe® Novels (space opera)
For a discussion of the “proper” reading order of the Liaden Universe® novels,
please see this page.
These four volumes include the entire Liaden Universe® backlist: 10 books for the price of four — such a deal.
Liaden novels featuring Theo Waitley:
Other Liaden novels:
Short story collections:
(for information on which short stories appear in what chapbook, former collection, &c, click this link)
The Fey Duology (dark fantasy)
Other Space Opera
Sharon Lee’s Maine Novels
Carousel Seas, Baen, January 2015
Paper Books: | BN | |Amazon|
Ebooks: | BN | |Amazon|